03 cổng WAN or LAN tốc độ 10/100/1000 Mbps
02 khe cắm cạc mạng quang, 04 khe cắm EHWIC
01 khe sim, 4 khe cắm DSP (PVDM) internal
Bộ nhớ ngoài DDR2 ECC DRAM 1GB, khả năng mở rộng lên đến 2GB
Thẻ nhớ mặc định 256Mbps, khả năng mở rộng lên 4G
02 cổng USB 2.0 (Type A) và (Type B) tốc độ lên đến 115.2 kbps
Bộ nguồn thiết bị AC, PoE, and DC*
The Cisco 3900 Series builds on the best-in-class offering of the existing Cisco 3800 Series Integrated Services Routers by now offering four platforms (Figure 1): the Cisco 3945E, Cisco 3925E, Cisco 3945, and Cisco 3925 Integrated Services Routers.
The Cisco 3900 Series offers embedded hardware encryption acceleration, voice- and video-capable DSP slots, optional firewall, intrusion prevention, call processing, voicemail, and application services. In addition, the platforms support the industry’s widest range of wired and wireless connectivity options such as T1/E1, T3/E3, xDSL, copper, and fiber Gigabit Ethernet.
The Cisco 3900 Series offers superior performance and flexibility for flexible network deployments from small business offices to large enterprise offices – all while providing industry-leading investment protection.
Key Business Benefits
The Cisco® ISR G2 routers provide superior services integration and agility. Designed for scalability, the modular architecture of these platforms enables you to evolve and adapt with your growing business needs. Table 1 lists the business benefits of the Cisco 3900 Series.
Table 1. Cisco 3900 Series Business Benefits
● The Cisco 3900 Series routers offer increased levels of services integration with voice, video, security, mobility, and data services.
● The Cisco 3900 Series provides the highest performance and slot densities among the routers in the Cisco ISR G2 portfolio, enabling you to maximize services integration and reducing overall capital expenditures (CapEx) and operating expenses (OpEx).
Services on demand
● A single Cisco IOS Software Universal image is installed on each Cisco ISR G2. The Universal image contains all of the Cisco IOS Software technology sets, which you can activate with a software license. With the Universal image your business can quickly deploy advanced features without downloading a new Cisco IOS Software image. Additionally, larger default memory is included to support the new capabilities.
● The Cisco SRE enables a new operational model that allows you to reduce CapEx and deploy a variety of application services as needed on a single integrated compute services module.
High performance with integrated services
● The Cisco 3900 Series enables deployment in high-speed WAN environments with concurrent services enabled up to 350 Mbps.
● A multigigabit fabric (MGF) enables high-bandwidth module-to-module communication without compromising router performance.
● Designed to address customer business requirements, the Cisco 3900 Series with the modular architecture offers increased capacity and performance as your network needs grow.
● The Cisco Services Performance Engine (SPE) modular motherboard enables upgrades to processing capability in the future.
● Dual integrated power supplies provide power redundancy; you can also configure them to provide additional Cisco ePoE power to endpoints.
● Modular interfaces offer increased bandwidth, a diversity of connection options, and network resiliency.
● The Cisco 3900 Series architecture provides energy-savings features that include the following:
◦ The Cisco 3900 Series offers intelligent power management and allows you to control power to the modules based on the time of day. Cisco EnergyWise technology will be supported in the future.
◦ Services integration and modularity on a single platform allows you to perform multiple functions, optimizing consumption of raw materials and energy usage.
◦ Platform flexibility and ongoing development of both hardware and software capabilities lead to a longer product lifecycle, lowering all aspects of the TCO – including materials and energy use.
◦ High-efficiency power supplies and scalable power consumption are based on your network needs.
● The Cisco 3900 Series maximizes investment protection by supporting:
◦ Reuse of a broad array of existing modules supported on the original Cisco Integrated Services Routers to provide a lower TCO.
◦ A rich set of Cisco IOS Software features carried forward from the original Cisco Integrated Services Routers and delivered in a single universal image.
● The Cisco 3900 Series offers extensive growth possibilities as your network expands:
◦ The SPE modular motherboard enables flexibility for future upgrades.
◦ The highest scale for module density provides flexibility to add services as your business needs expand.
◦ A 1-Gb default memory provides headroom to minimize field upgrades.
Platform Architecture and Modularity
The Cisco 3900 Series is architected to meet the application demands of today’s branch offices with design flexibility for future applications. The modular architecture is designed to support increasing bandwidth requirements, time-division multiplexing (TDM) interconnections, and fully integrated power distribution to modules supporting 802.3af PoE and Cisco ePoE. Table 2 lists the architectural features and benefits of the Cisco 3900 Series.
Table 2. Architectural Features and Benefits of Cisco 3900 Series
● The Cisco 3900 Series routers are highly modular platforms with several types of module slots to add connectivity and services for varied branch-office network requirements.
● The routers offer an industry-leading breadth of LAN and WAN connectivity options through modules to accommodate field upgrades to future technologies without requiring platform replacement.
● The Cisco SPE on the Cisco 3900 offers the ability to increase the performance of the router with a field-upgradable motherboard as your network needs grow.
● The Cisco 3900 Series routers are powered by high-performance multicore processors that can support the growing demands of high-speed WAN connections to the branch office while also running multiple concurrent services.
Embedded IP Security with Secure Sockets Layer (IPSec/SSL) VPN hardware acceleration
● Embedded hardware encryption acceleration is enhanced to provide higher scalability, which, combined with an optional Cisco IOS Software Security license, enables WAN link security and VPN services (both IPSec and SSL acceleration).
● The onboard encryption hardware outperforms the advanced integration modules (AIMs) of previous generations.
Multigigabit fabric (MGF)
● The Cisco 3900 Series introduces an innovative MGF that allows for efficient module-to-module communication, enabling tighter services interactions across modules while reducing the overhead on the router processor.
TDM interconnectivity fabric
● Unified communications services in the branch office are significantly enhanced with the use of TDM interconnectivity fabric in the router architecture, allowing for scaling of DS-0 channel capacity.
Integrated Gigabit Ethernet ports
● The Cisco 3900 Series provides up to four 10/100/1000 Ethernet WAN ports.
● Two of the 10/100/1000 Ethernet WAN ports on the Cisco 3900 Series can support Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP)-based connectivity in lieu of RJ-45 ports, enabling fiber connectivity.
● A new, innovative, mini-B USB console port supports management connectivity when traditional serial ports are not available.
● Traditional console and auxiliary ports are also available.
Optional integrated power supply for distribution of PoE and universal DC power supply
● An optional upgrade to the internal power supply provides inline power (802.3af-compliant PoE, Cisco ePoE, and Cisco Inline Power) to optional integrated switch modules.
● An optional DC power supply that extends possible deployment environments such as central offices and industrial environments will be available in the future.
Optional integrated redundant power supply (RPS) and PoE boost
● Power redundancy is available by installing an optional integrated RPS, thereby decreasing network downtime and protecting the network from power-supply failures.
● When populated with dual integrated power supplies, the Cisco 3900 Series can operate in a configurable PoE boost mode in lieu of redundant power mode whereby the power capacity of the platform is increased to almost twice the normal power to support additional PoE ports.
Designed for flexible deployments
● The Cisco 3945 and 3925 are designed for Network Equipment Building Systems (NEBS) environments.
Modularity Features and Benefits
The Cisco 3900 Series provides significantly enhanced modular capabilities (refer to Table 3) while maintaining investment protection for customers. Most of the modules available on previous generations of Cisco routers, such as the Cisco 3800 Series Integrated Services Routers, are supported on the Cisco 3900 Series. Additionally, modules used on the Cisco 3900 Series can easily be supported on other routers in the Cisco Integrated Services Router portfolio to provide maximum investment protection. Taking advantage of common interface cards across a network greatly reduces the complexity of managing inventory requirements, implementing large network rollouts, and maintaining configurations across a variety of branch-office sizes.
able 3. Modularity Features and Benefits
Cisco Services Performance Engine (SPE)
● The Cisco 3900 Series offers field-replaceable SPEs.
● These SPEs allow you to protect your initial investment in the Cisco 3900 platform for a longer time period and scale router performance as your network and branch-office needs grow.
Cisco Services Module
● A service-module slot replaces the network module and the extension module for voice and fax (EVM) slots and is offered on Cisco 3900 Integrated Services Routers.
● Each service-module slot offers high data-throughput capability:
◦ Up to 4-Gbps aggregate toward the router processor.
◦ Up to 2-Gbps aggregate to other module slots over the MGF.
● Service-module slots are highly flexible, with support for doublewide service modules, which are service modules that require two service-module slots. Doublewide service modules provide flexibility for higher-density modules.
● Service-module slots provide twice the power capabilities relative to the network-module slots, allowing flexibility for higher-scale and better-performance modules.
● An adapter module enables backward compatibility with existing network modules, enhanced network modules (NMEs), and EVMs.
● You can manage power to service-module slots by extensions similar to the Cisco EnergyWise framework, so your organization can reduce energy consumption in your network infrastructure. Full Cisco EnergyWise support will be available in future software releases.
Cisco Enhanced High Speed WAN Interface Card (EHWIC)
● The EHWIC slot replaces the high-speed WAN interface card (HWIC) slot and can natively support HWICs, WAN interface cards (WICs), voice interface cards (VICs), and voice/WAN interface cards (VWICs).
● Three integrated EHWIC slots on the Cisco 3945E and Cisco 3925E or four integrated EHWIC slots on the Cisco 3945 and Cisco 3925 allow for flexible configurations.
● Each HWIC slot offers high-data-throughput capability:
◦ Up to 1.6-Gbps aggregate toward the router processor.
◦ Up to 2-Gbps aggregate to other module slots over the MGF.
● Flexibility to support doublewide modules is enabled by combining two EHWIC slots. Up to 2 doublewide HWIC (HWIC-D) modules are supported.
Cisco Internal Services Module (ISM)
● A single ISM slot provides flexibility to integrate intelligent services modules that do not require interface connections in the Cisco 3945 and Cisco 3925.
● Each ISM slot offers high-data-throughput capability:
◦ Up to 4-Gbps aggregate toward the route processor.
◦ Up to 2-Gbps aggregate to other module slots over the MGF.
● The ISM replaces the AIM slot; existing AIM modules are not supported in the ISM slot.
● You can manage power to ISM slots by extensions similar to the Cisco EnergyWise framework, so your organization can reduce energy consumption in your network infrastructure. Full Cisco EnergyWise support will be available in future software releases.
Cisco High-Density Packet Voice Digital Signal Processor (DSP) Module (PVDM3) Slots on Motherboard
● PVDM3 slots natively support PVDM3 modules, providing support for richer density for rich-media voice and video.
● Each PVDM3 slot connects back to the system architecture through a 2-Gbps aggregate link through the MGF.
● Investment protection for PVDM2 modules is supported through an adapter module.
● You can manage power to the PVDM slots by extensions similar to the Cisco EnergyWise framework, so your organization can reduce energy consumption in your network infrastructure. Full Cisco EnergyWise support will be available in future software releases.
Compact Flash Slots
● Two external Compact Flash slots are available on the Cisco 3900 Series Integrated Services Routers. Each slot can support high-speed storage densities upgradable to 4 GB in density.
USB 2.0 Ports
● Two high-speed USB 2.0 ports are supported; they provide secure token capabilities and storage.
CISCO3925/K9Product Overview The Cisco 3900 Series builds on the best-in-class offering of the existing Cisco 3800 Series Integrated Services Routers by now offering four platforms (Figure 1): the Cisco 3945E, Cisco 3925E, Cisco 3945, and Cisco 3925 Integrated Services Routers. The Cisco 3900 Series offers embedded hardware encryption acceleration, voice- and video-capable DSP slots, optional ...